Commercial Sewage Damage Mitigation Procedures
Tri State Restorations has the expertise to quickly and effectively address the toughest sewage problems. Our trained and certified technicians use industry standards and guidelines to ensure that your business is back in operation as quickly and as safely as possible. We strive for a 90 minute response time.
Although every situation is unique, based on the type and extent of the water damage, we will take the following actions:
- Upon arrival, we conduct a walk-through to assess the affected areas. Next, we take room measurements and moisture readings so that we can develop the best plan of action to start the remediation process. We use state-of-the art, non-intrusive equipment, such as penetrating and non-penetrating meters and digital hygrometers.
- Using digital photography, we take “before” pictures for documentation purposes and to help you with insurance claims.
- All salvageable equipment and furniture are carefully moved to a secure, climate-controlled facility if need be.
- We use plastic barriers to help prevent odors from traveling throughout your building.
- We carefully remove and dispose of any building materials that cannot be salvaged, including wet drywall, baseboard, carpet, and flooring.
- We will double bag all contaminated materials and safely dispose of them.
- We apply Microban® germicide on all affected areas for everyone’s safety and to prevent mold growth.
- To ensure that every part of your building is thoroughly and completely dry, we utilize our high-powered axial fans, which produce airflow along both walls and floor, as well as our industrial-strength dehumidifiers which quickly reduce the amount of moisture in the air. All equipment is left for a minimum of 72 hours.
- At the time of the equipment pick up, we take final moisture readings to ensure that the affected area(s) are completely dry. We then take our “after” pictures for documentation purposes and to help you with insurance claims.
Whatever the extent of the sewage damage to your commercial building, you can trust Tri State Restorations to take care of it professionally and thoroughly.