A recent report by the Environment Maryland Research and Policy Center shows that since 2006, every county in Maryland has been affected by at least one weather related disaster. Not only is Maryland one of the hardest hit states in the nation, but it also receives a greater range of disasters than most other areas of the country. In fact, in the past several years Maryland has experienced a disaster in every category tracked:
- Severe storms
- Coastal storms, including hurricanes and tropical storms
- Extreme snow
These disasters can cause damage to homes and business through a variety of means- every disaster is different. For example, in August 2011 Hurricane Irene’s heavy rains caused water damage through roof leakage, sewage backups, and local flooding. Just one week later Tropical Storm Lee came through and the problem became widespread flooding.
Our experience in Maryland emergency restoration services has shown us that one problem often leads to others.
- Water Damage. Severe weather can cause water damage to all areas of the home, and the damage does not go away when the water dries. Depending on the extent of the damage, structures may be weakened, making future (and more severe) water damage likely. Many Maryland residents rely on Tri State Restorations’ emergency restoration services for water damage and related problems because of our deep experience, many certifications, and courteous, professional attitude.
- Mold Damage. Mold spreads, often behind the walls where it can’t be seen. Mold also attacks carpeting, floors, and ceilings – basically anything that has gotten wet. Water damage and flooding raise the risk of mold damage since untreated water carries all types of organisms, bacteria, and mold spores, all of which can be a serious health hazard. Only experienced professionals like Tri State Restorations’ certified, uniformed, cleaned representatives should attempt to mitigate mold damage.
- Sewage Damage. When systems are overwhelmed by severe weather events like major rainfall or freezing temperatures, sewage backups occur. Sewage backups cause water damage, and it is almost certain that affected areas will develop dangerous forms of mold if emergency restoration services are not used. Few contractors in Maryland are adequately trained and equipped to restore sewage damage and treat mold. Many contractors only restore the damage, meaning mold colonies can form under replacement surfaces without the building’s occupants even knowing it until odors or adverse health effects begin. Tri State Restorations treats both the damage and the potential for mold with all of our sewage-related emergency restoration services.
- Fire and Smoke Damage. Fire and smoke damage can be difficult to handle, and weather disasters make structure fires more likely when residents turn to alternative sources of energy like kerosene heaters and candles until the power supply comes back on. Tri State Restorations knows that fire is an emotional situation and we do our best to handle the physical aftermath timely, efficiently, professionally, and courteously to help return things to normal.
Tri State Restorations specializes in emergency restoration services in Maryland and the tri-state area, but emergency restoration services don’t only apply to disasters. Everyday emergencies like burst pipes, sewage backups, and fires can wreak havoc at any time of the year. If you are in need of emergency restoration services, or even if you are just planning ahead for a time when you may require our services, please call Tri State Restorations’ experienced, certified, highly trained representatives at 1-866-818-1949.