On Wednesday, March 10, Tri State Restorations sponsored the Chesapeake Chapter of Community Associations Institute (CCCAI) breakfast webinar, Legal Roundtable.
During the event, 124 local property managers, business partners, chapter staff and legal experts, were provided an opportunity to network and join in conversation to learn more about critical topics for Condo Associations and Homeowner Associations. Attendees attended 3 of 10 roundtable discussions from their choice of the following topics:
- The Fair Housing Act: Familial Status
- Short Term Rentals: Prohibit or Allow?
- Meetings In the Remote World
- Insurance: Liability, Waivers & Indemnification
- Negotiating and Enforcement of Contracts in the COVID Environment
- The Vexatious Litigant: How to Avoid or Stop Constant Frivolous Litigation From Owners
- Enforcement of Association Documents: What is the Hierarchy and Why it is Important
- Social Media: Avoiding Association and Director Liability
- Employment Issues: How Can Associations Avoid Liability
- Understanding the Collection Process: The Critical Importance of Timeframes and Deadlines
“The virtual platform [Zoom] allowed for an easy open forum and discussion. Topic rooms were 7-10 people and provided a great way to ask questions of the legal experts and to learn about the specific topics. I also hosted two 4-minute breakout sessions and connected with area property managers who joined in with me. It was another perfect Covid-19 friendly way to share who we are at TSR. Thank you to CCCAI and everyone who participated. I am looking forward to the next breakfast on May 19!” – Mike Spera, Business Development-Commercial Division, Tri State Restorations.